Study MBA in the UK
United Kingdom is the best country for the study of MBA. It accompanies four different countries which are England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All these countries are unified under one government. It consists of 395 countries and holds the second position to be the most outstanding educational centre for international students.
There are more than 5 lakh international students who are welcomed by this country with a totally different kind of culture and diversity which enables the students to co-operate perfectly and achieve great connections which will further help them to enhance in networking. The UK helps the students to achieve their dream jobs by providing them with well-classified degrees which are recognised worldwide.
Today most of the students, not only from India but also from other countries, want to study MBA in the UK to uplift their future existence. This provides strength in the students as they are pursuing a degree from a leading international institution, which keeps them a one step ahead from others and also gives the motivation to boost up the careers as MBA professionals.
One of the most prior reasons to go for a study for an MBA course in the UK is that almost every university in the UK is internationally acknowledged and prefer to provide courses in English languages. Through providing exceptional internships from multinational and top companies, the students are encouraged and motivated with the knowledge of leadership supremacy and providing them with real-world training and experience.
MBA courses are considered most important and given more priority since it is a start-up to the process of success in their life. MBA provides the required skills and knowledge that one needs to achieve success in their career. By studying an MBA, one should be able to handle business management and to manage the business in critical situations.
Pursuing a Top MBA:
One of the most effective features of the MBA course in the UK is that it is destined for 1 year. This is why most of the students get attracted towards pursuing an MBA from the UK due to its short duration. This is very helpful for those who cannot take much time duration. Where other countries accompany a duration of 2 years for the MBA courses, the UK finishes its course duration within 1 year which helps both the students and the faculties to get indulged in an interesting programme for a shorter duration of time.
Cost of Living:
The basic requirements that a student should follow while getting ready to stay and study in the UK are as follows:
- Due to the less time duration of the MBA course, the tuition fee is almost reduced to half of the total amount. The tuition fees vary in the range of £10,000 – £38,000 pounds which includes security deposit, registration and application fees, insurance, etc.
- The other expenses accompany an amount of £13,447 per month for studying and living in London. But apart from London, other countries in the UK accompany an amount of £ 1170 per month. In all, a total of £292 to £350 per week is the amount that one should have to pay for staying in the UK.
Cost for MBA Course:
The cost is a major factor while studying for a course in a reputed institution in the United Kingdom. It is advised to the students to check for the MBA course in such an institution which they can afford and should be reasonable.
The approximate course expenditure for studying MBA at a university in the United Kingdom for the first year is about £4,08,085.
The MBA course duration is around 1 year in almost every university in the United Kingdom. There are also some universities where the duration of the MBA course varies between 15 – 21 months. Due to this short time interval, the universities have been able to attract many aspirants since they aim to complete the course at the early.
- Basic Requirements:
- The students must have finished their bachelor’s degree from any recognised institution.
- Must have good IELTS or TOEFL score for getting an American visa. An average score of 6.2 and above in IELTS and 92 and above in TOEFL is necessary for getting admission into the top universities. Others interested candidates must show their English Language certification for being eligible for admission.
- Those having a working experience of about 2-3 months will have prior benefits.
- A good GMAT or GRE score can bring up admission to high priority universities where the average score required in GMAT for being eligible is 540 and average GRE score required for Verbal is estimated to be 155, for Quantitative it is estimated to be 167 and for Writing it is estimated to be 5.0.
- Academic Requirements:
- Official Transcript of the documents, like complete subject details along with credits involved, other correspondence course or diploma course details, from the college or university that the student has joined after secondary school needs to be provided.
- Standard X, Standard XII and Bachelor’s Degree certificates along with mark sheets.
- Application Forms: The application forms can be accessed in the following ways-
- By mailing to the recognised university websites with the request for providing the application forms online.
- Downloading the application forms online from the corresponding university websites.
- The application forms can also be collected from Australian University representatives in India.
- Application Requirements: The requirements for applying to an MBA course at Australian University requires the following documents-
- Standard X and Standard XII certificates and mark sheets of the final exams, GMAT and IELTS scorecards.
- A work experience certificate is most important which contains all the necessary work details along with a recently uploaded CV.
- A statement of purpose must be submitted containing details like the student’s aims, fields of interest, extracurricular activities along with the reason to have chosen the particular stream and how will they support themselves with their necessities during their stay in Australia.
- A letter of recommendation from any person who knows or has taught the student along with mentioning the reason for why they will be successful in their chosen field, focusing their strengths and weaknesses.
- A currently updated resume is also necessary during admission.
- Proof of funds.
- If the student is applying for any architecture course or art and design programs, they must carry a Portfolio.
The universities in the different countries of the UK start taking admissions on the months of September/October and January/February. The UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission System) manages the applications from different students and sends them to the respective universities for further processing.
The UCAS provides a common form to apply for 5 different universities in the UK. For applying to only one university costs £13 and for applying to multiple universities costs £25.
- The MBA scholarships are offered in two different ways, first one is Internal Scholarships offered by Business Schools, and the second one is External Scholarships offered by different other organisations.
- Also, Merit Scholarships are offered by the respective institutes to those who score outstanding results in their studies or have scored a good GMAT result.
- A Need-Based Scholarship is offered to those students who lack financial support and, without any outside help, are truly dedicated towards studies.
Some of the scholarships offered by business schools and other organisations are mentioned below:
- Global Study Awards: This award is rewarded by the Study Portals, ISIC, or the British Councils, to those students who seek to study abroad. The maximum amount that is offered with this scholarship is 10,000 pounds. This award is permitted to 2 students who can apply for MBA course to different countries including the UK.
- The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships – University of Cambridge: This award is offered by the University of Cambridge to those students who want to go for higher studies with subjects which are research-oriented. This award can be provided to one candidate only which consists of an amount of £46,772.
- The Financial Sumo Educational Program: Those students who are weak from their financial side and could not afford to take up a course in a well-qualified university are supported by this scholarship. This scholarship is awarded by the Financial Sumo to only one student who falls under this category with an amount of USD 1000 for studying in any university and applying for any course, including an MBA.
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship: This scholarship is for the international students, disregarding of their birthplace, to acquire an International Health Insurance. This scholarship is awarded by the Broker Fish for the students who are studying full-time courses or diploma programmes in any institution and it consists of an amount of USD 1000.
- Go Clean Scholarship: The students are eligible for this scholarship on a merit basis. For getting this reward, the students much get a minimum GPA of 2.5. The amount counted on this scholarship is USD 3,500 and is applicable for all the MBA students from all universities in the UK.
Other scholarships include the following:
- GREAT Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
- Hornby Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Oxford India Centre Scholarship
- University of East Anglia Scholarships
- Education Grants by Tata Trusts
- Academy Asia Senior Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Felix Scholarships
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- The Rhodes Scholarships India
- Graduate Scholarships at LSE
- Research Council UK Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus – Scholarships and Academic Cooperation
- International Academic Scholarship provided by the University of Worcester
- The University of Lincoln Scholarships
Salary and Work Visa:
The students, after completing the MBA course from a reputed institute in the UK, can apply for jobs in India to well-reputed organisations where they can get up to a salary of £1,11,084 annually. If the students want to stay in the UK, they can apply to some institutions which provide sponsorships for extending the Tier 4 Visas. This will help them greatly to stay and study in the UK as well as they will be able to save an amount of money which can be sent to their home.
The Student Visa is applicable for 16 months. So the students can complete any course programme which is allotted with a duration of 12 months, after which they get a period of 4 months in which they can prepare and look for a job in the UK.