Study MBA in Thailand
Within the past few decades, Thailand established itself as an important location for international students to study abroad. Beside its mesmerizing natural beauty, Thailand is home for many nationally recognized top-class universities, offering top-notch programs for an MBA in Thailand. Along with the excellent quality of education, international students can have the advantages of all that Thailand has to offer: hospitality, beautiful natural landscapes, beaches, great Thai food, and rich culture.
The land of the Thai Kingdom was once known as Siam. Thailand is located in South-eastern Asia, and the country is bordered by Lao, Burma, Malaysia, and the Gulf of Thailand. Thailand is mainly famous for its capital city, Bangkok, which is its economic hub with a diverse amount of population. Thailand has been on the top strong economic growth in recent times. It is best known for its excellent quality of life and culture with a very cost-effective living and beautiful pleasant climate that turn living in this country into true joy. Today, numerous international students step in this country to benefit from the low cost of living and cost-effective, high-quality education in Thailand as they pursue their higher study in this country.
Obtaining an MBA degree in Thailand can be a step along for your future path to pave a stronger and more successful career in business. Students can choose here any of the part-time or full-time MBA programs which best fit their needs for applying to their most preferred business sector. Graduates with an MBA degree in Thailand often become in future the successful entrepreneurs or assume highly preferred positions in multinational companies, consulting firms, or government sectors.
Why study masters of business administration (MBA) in Thailand?
Thailand is the land of a diverse and open culture that cheers up the debate and discussion for which the country can provide sustainable and holistic solutions to all problems. Approximately 400 master’s degree programs in this country are specially designed for international students and are taught in English. Many institutions for higher education in Thailand are highly regarded, especially in the areas of environmental studies, business administration, agriculture, energy, law, and Buddhist studies. Especially numerous Thai universities have graduate programs based on business and management, and most of these are taught in English. That is why the average number of international students come every year to study in Thailand grew a lot, near about 40%. Now have a glance over the benefits of studying here:
- Students will have an internationally-friendly atmosphere, where they will quickly be able to join the new community to put their knowledge into practice.
- They can discover a variety of fields of study, such as Business Informatics, Electronics, and Business, etc.
- Students can have an air of freedom to organize a perfect study experience.
- As a bonus, students will be able to stay within both close to nature, as well as the modern urban environment.
Thailand possesses 80 public universities and 71 private higher education institutions that pay special attention to the well being of international students, that is why approximately 20,000 international students study in Thailand each year. The most popular course for international students is Thai and English language, Buddhism, law, business administration, international business, and marketing.
Tuition fee and Program Duration:
Tuition fees can vary across universities and programs. The tuition fee for MBA programs at public universities is usually about $1,000 – $2,000 / every year. Tuition fee in private universities is a bit higher, around $75 – $125 / credit hour.
A full-time MBA program generally requires two years of course duration or 36 credit hours to complete. Typically, a student can earn 9-15 credit hours in each semester.
International students have to possess a visa to study in Thailand; however, in many cases, the Thai school that the student is going to attend can help them with the paperwork. Before arriving in Thailand, it is a must for the students to obtain an Education Visa (Non-Immigrant ED visa) from the Thai embassy or consulate in their home country. But the Education Visa is only validated for 90 days, so after arriving in Thailand, a student has to apply further for a one-year student visa, which can again be extended if needed for additional one-year periods. The visa fee is – THB 1,900 (about 60 USD), in case of missing the notification can make a fine of THB 2,000. After receiving the visa, students have to inform the Immigration Office within every 90 days about their current address. If students are applying for post-study work in Thailand, they have to get further permission.
The Thai health care system is quite modern, which includes government health services, non-governmental organizations, and private medical services. Thai citizens are permitted to get a Universal Coverage Health card, which lets them have free medical services. However, all others without cards have to pay for services, whether they are obtaining public or private facilities. Students have to hold health insurance in their home country before moving to Thailand because many private hospitals are not permitted to give treatments without proof of the patient’s health insurance.
MBA degree specializations in Thailand:
Universities and colleges of Thailand offer a wide range of sub-disciplines from which students can choose their preferred one. Some of these are:
- Business Administration
- Management, Organisation & Leadership
- Transport Management
- International Business\
Now, here have a glance over the various MBA programs offered by various Thai universities –
1. Master of Business Administration Program in Global Business Management:
This course is designed for the students who at least have 3 years of work experience after completing their graduation. This course is the combination of case studies, best practices, and dynamic learning experiences to train the students to get a better understanding of the east and west business strategies in fields like management, finance, marketing, innovation, digital enterprises, and global business.
2. MBA – Master of Business Administration:
This course in the universities of Thailand is designed to provide the graduates with necessary skills and competencies to make themselves able for the management positions in the field of business administration, both in public and the private sectors.
3. MBA International Marketing:
This course is designed for graduate students to bring out their quality-focused on developing building essential soft employability skills for better career prospects. Here in Thailand, this course is designed with dissertations, internship, or consulting project Global exposure to train their students for guaranteed internships placement.
4. MBA in Energy Management:
The decaying energy resource and fast-growing energy demands make here a place for educated professionals who are not only expert in managing their businesses but also capable of leading their energy businesses sustainably in accordance with the challenging and rapidly changing environment.
5. MBA in Health Care Management:
This course is the ideal education program for graduate students who want to pursue a career in the health care field. In this program, students will be provided with state-of-the-art business know-how, social skills, legal proficiency, and profound knowledge of how the national and international health care systems actually work.
The admission requirements (criteria) for the MBA are enlisted below:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification obtained from a recognized University.
- Applicants have to provide academic proof of their previous education institute.
- It is not necessary to have obtained a degree in the domain of Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA), however, in their degree students must have completed an academic piece of work with final submission of project or dissertation that shows a degree of academic writing and research experience.
- after the completion of undergraduate degree a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- 5 years of professional experience will be preferred more.
- Applicants are requested to provide proof of their work experience from a company or organization where they have worked.
- Proof of nationality and birth certificate and the mark sheet of Standard X, Standard XII.
- Students have to possess an English language qualification such as IELTS or TOEFL with the minimum score – IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL iBT80.
MBA Scholarship opportunities:
Undoubtedly, the MBA is an extremely expensive course. There are many meritorious students who are not financially strong enough to pursue this course. For this reason, students can have scholarships of two categories like:
- Internal scholarships, which are provided by business schools themselves.
- External scholarships, which are provided by other organizations, like the Fulbright Program or the Chevening awards.
MBA scholarships are awarded based on various factors like:
- Merit scholarships which are awarded to students who have performed well, in their past academic settings or entrance exams like the GMAT.
- The Need-based MBA scholarships are generally given to students who come from a very financially unprivileged background and demonstrate that they will not be able to pay for the degree without additional help.
- Other MBA scholarships are awarded to such students who belong to under-represented backgrounds.