STUDY MBA IN FIJI
Fiji though not a very popular educational destination, it has with time gone to very well develop its academic sector. This has been quite well justified through the growing demand for admission in the University of South Pacific known as USP in short. Along with many other courses, the university teaches the MBA course too. The course has been internationally certified by the Association of MBA’s also called AMBA.
The institute has grown in its field and has become most sought after among the Pacific Island States through a decent reputation and respect. It is considered one of the two universities which are owned by a joint venture of 12 governors. Along with that it has a 3-star rating and has secured a fair position among the top 50 universities in the Oceania region. The teaching staff, techniques and studying atmosphere are quite well to do, having said this it is very well needed to specify that major number of teachers have a PhD degree and some also higher than that; as well as there is a perfect and smooth blend of various nations and religions and over years it has enrolled and graduated quite a notable amount of students, somewhat around 500 and more. This had made an immense contribution to the low number of skilled and ace managers.
The course has groomed several students over the decades and the result was the considerable increase in an average amount of 70 percent in their salary compared to their previous package. Moreover, the fee structure of the university is very reasonable along with that Fiji offers quite a sensible cost of living. Lastly, students have personally reviewed the university to be having an excellent administration.
The course like in every other country is taught in English and students too have executed the course requirements in the same medium. MBA here consists of somewhat 12 units. For this particular course, the university offers two modes of pursuing – full and part-time. Generally, it consists of about 3 trimesters. This means there are three semesters which involves 3 months. Each of the three trimesters comprises of a period of twelve complete weeks. On one hand, full-time students normally take four units for each of the trimester, which totals up to 12 units in the time of 3 trimesters; while on the other hand, a part-time student takes a maximum number of two courses in each trimester.
FEE STRUCTURE, COURSE DURATION, AND COST OF LIVING:
The course duration solely depends on the type of mode of learning a student opts. If the student is pursuing the course as a part-time candidate, he or she will take almost 3 to 4 years to complete the entire 12 units. And if not so, that is if he or she has taken up to study as a full-time candidate, he or she will take only a single year to complete the entire course.
The course fee does not depend similarly. It remains constant for all types of students. The basic tuition fee sums up to a number of 35,000 Fijian Dollar. But this amount does not include any other miscellaneous fees. The university offers hostel accommodation for students. The hostel fees along with daily meals are around 2300 Fijian Dollar. Apart from that students is to mandatorily be a possessor of health insurance. It is compulsory for all students. Thus the health service is 200 Fijian Dollar on an average. Lastly, there are curriculum expenditures like that of books, reading material, stationery, etc. Such types of supplies cost somewhat 2200 Fijian Dollar. Other than that the cost of living in Fiji is a bit higher for international students, in cases of travelling, renting, household costs and so on.
- Though no specific qualifying marks are mentioned, but one has to at least secure a passing grade for the admission in an MBA course in Fiji
- Secondly, a valid Bachelor’s degree from a reputed and recognized university or college.
- Thirdly, the work experience should be for at least three years. The designation of the candidate must carry quite of some weight. He or she needs to be an executive professional with considerable power in control.
- Either TOEFL or IELTS is required. A score around 70 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS with 7 or higher in the writing section.
- Lastly, the bunch should be completed by adding authentic transcripts, Letter of Intent and Resume. These too are equally important.
Other than these documents, the university can always ask for other documents. Clarify with the institute before proceeding to the next step.
The documents needed for applying for a student visa in Fiji is
- The Student Visa application form
- A valid passport
- A passport size photograph which has to be not more than six months’ old
- The application fee for the Student Visa
- Original Bank Statements
- Original Transcripts
- A document, an affidavit that proves the sponsors claim to have taken to pay the required finance for the course.
The application process goes as follows:
- Firstly, all the mentioned documents of an applicant will be passed on to the particular university for verification.
- Once the certification is done and everything is considered appropriate students will have to pay an amount of 500 Fijian Dollar.
- After the offer letter has been received from the university, all the documents along with the visa application form will once be sent to the institute by the means of courier.
- The college there will then present the applicant’s details to the Ministry of Fiji and wait for their approval.
- After the approval comes from the same with the span of a month, the college will connect with the visa office with their decision
- Lastly, if the visa application is approved he or she will have to pay the remaining visa fee.
The Visa takes a minimum of one month to arrive, it may take more time in case of any dispute or else it reaches within a month maybe a week a late but not more than that.
The MBA program in Fiji is majorly apt for practicing, executives, administrators, managers, and such other professionals. The main aim to enhance their capability of decision making and other leadership qualities. Because only such a rigorous grooming will help a candidate to be subjected to a growing graph of career and also other varied opportunities. For without promptness and confidence such students won’t be able or will be much difficult for them to adjust to the rapidly changing corporate world which includes both Government and Business sectors.