Study MBA in Dubai
Dubai is known as one of the most sought business capital not only of Asia but the entire world. Thus studying MBA in here will give the students a pragmatic approach to the business environment. Secondly, the teaching staffs in Dubai have a quality experience and thus impart that knowledge to the students. Classes are taught there in an interactive manner where students from around the globe and professors hailing from different field’s converse and let each one know about the other. This enhances a student’s grooming and growth immensely and thus gives him various job opportunities.
- COURSE OVERVIEW
Dubai, other than offering General MBA also provide their students with a lot of other MBA programs. The most popular among them are:
- MBA in Finance and Accounting
- MBA in Leadership and Human Resources Management
- MBA in International Business and Marketing
- MBA in Operations and Logistic Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Consultancy Management
- MBA in Telecommunication
- MBA in IT
Dubai gathers a mass of worldwide higher authority which gives a rather international approach to the teaching mode. This subjects the students to various experimental instructions and diverse strategies. Among the three modes of pursuing the course, there are a few universities which focus only on Executive MBA.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERION
There are a few eligibility criteria one has to meet before getting a chance to study in an MBA university in Dubai:
- BACHELORS DEGREE: – Most of the universities in New Zealand accept a Bachelor degree or something equivalent to it and has to be a 3-year degree from a recognized university. This is basic for all types of students.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: – A minimum of four to five years’ work experience in the respective fields is a must for all reputed universities in Dubai. There are almost no universities that offer the course without work experience. The work experience criteria can also differ for a number of colleges.
- GMAT/GRE: – Some universities need a student (especially international students) to acquire a GMAT or GRE score which ranges from 500 – 600. For some, it is optional, for those it will work as an advantage and may get priorities. And for others, it isn’t needed at all.
- TOEFL/IELTS: – Once again international students have to score 6.5 overall along with 6 or higher in every individual band in IELTS and for TOEFL the score must be above minimum marks of 100. Unlike GMAT, in this case, no universities offer their course without a valid score in these exams. It is mandatory for all international students.
These four are the qualifying conditions but a particular university may ask some documents in addition to these, for instance, a CV, Essays, reference letter, etc.
- FEES AND DURATION
The tuition fee in Dubai depends solely on the program chosen and the number of modules opted for. The tuition fees remain segmented for each nodule. The average fee each semester is 12,500 AED, whereas the general fee per year ranges from 85,000 AED to 1, 02,500 EUR.
Like any other MBA course, Dubai also conducts MBA courses which have a duration ranging from 16 months up to 2 years. But Executive MBA programs in major colleges do not last more than 17 to 20 months. Other programs like full time, part-time, accelerated MBA follow a general duration of a year or two, or maybe 18 to 16 months, etc. There are very rare universities conducting a course of almost 4 to 5 years.
- COST OF LIVING
Dubai is a quite expensive city. This is because of the growing number of immigrants. Though the price depends totally on the type of accommodation chosen an average can be figured as 6,500 AED to 8,500 AED per month. Among the types of accommodation we have
- Single room within the college campus – 4000 AED to 5000 AED
- Shared room in the campus – 3,500 AED to 4,600 AED
- An independent room within the main city – 6,200 AED
- Independent room in the outskirts – 4200 AED
Apart from the cost of rent, another important expense is that of Transportation. Dubai offers a very smooth and modernized transport system. It is well – developed and there is almost no hassle in availing public transport. But considering the climate of the city that is with the heat looming large people tend to go by taxi. Taxi charges 3 AED/km which adds up to a starting price of 13 AED. As for public transport, the average price of a ticket for one way trip is 5 AED. But if someone goes for a monthly pass, the cost is something around 250 AED. Apart from these, there are few negotiable taxis for specific distances.
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Dubai has expanded its employment sectors searching for more and more skilled workers thus gradually drawing a large number of MBA students hailing from different MBA specializations to find an appropriate job. One of the greatest advantages for students is since Dubai has begun globalizing, they offer quite generous salary packages to the students to ensure their reputation in the worldwide competition. The top recruiting companies are
- Dubai Gold Souk (Trade and Luxury Conglomerate)
- Zarooq Motors (Industrial Company)
- Emaar Properties (Real – Estate Company)
- Dubai Ports (Industrial Company)
- Chalhoub Group (Trade and Luxury Conglomerate)
- Nakheel Properties (Real – Estate Company)
Among the others we also have
- Emirates NBD Bank (Financial Service)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (Banking)
- Etisalat (Telecommunications)
- Aldar Properties (Real Estate Company)
- DP World LTD (International Shipping and Logistic)
- Dubai Islamic Bank (Financial Service)
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (Banking)
- Dubai Financial Market (Stock Exchange)
- First Gulf Bank (Financial Service)
Other than this there are few other minor companies too.
Scholarships aren’t very popular in Dubai and MBA universities. There are a few schools which offer any financial grant and aids to the students. Majority of these funds cover only partial cost.
- VISA PROCEEDINGS
Like every other country, students need a Student Visa to get to Dubai for studying. The student is normally valid for a single year and needs to be renewed accordingly. The visa will not remain valid once the student is away from Dubai for more than six months. Once all the documents are appropriately submitted it takes 2-5 weeks to get hold of it, an express visa may take only 1-2 weeks.
The cost of Visa varies widely since it depends upon the university associated. University may include insurance charges or so, but may also agree to the visa cost only. The average visa processing fee comes around 2,500 AED to 3,000 AED. The insurance cost more or less ranges from 1,500 AED to 2,000 AED. Lastly, we have a refundable visa cost which will be returned by the University after the end of the course, that deposit costs to 3,000 AED to 3,500 AED.
The basic eligibility is the document certifying a student’s admission to a university in Dubai which is to be issued by the school authority. A student visa can be sponsored by Family or Educational Institute, in both the case they have to be proved by authentic documents. Other than that there is a 60 days visa for students with a short term stay but can be renewed with a payment of about 600 AED.
The Documents needed are as follows:
- A written document stating that the student has been selected by a university in Dubai for the upcoming years.
- A proof which shows that the fees of the named university have been cleared or an authentic document of a scholarship if any.
- The Application for student visa form, which needs to be completed as well as signed along with passport-sized photographs.
- A form assuring accommodation for the student from the institution itself or any other authority.
- A valid passport, supporting the fact that it can be considered as an identification proof throughout his or her stay in Dubai.
- The student needs to have a negative medical report on tests of
- Hepatitis B, C
If any test is found positive they’ll be immediately deported.
- A student’s financial strength will be satisfied with any one of the document below, which will work as a piece of evidence that the student will be able to provide for all the necessities during his or her stay
- A ‘sponsoring a student’ form where the sponsor claims of having the ability for funding.
- A letter from the instituting stating that all living expenses have been cleared as a part of the course fee.
- A proof from the bank showing that the required amount can be availed while the stay in Dubai.
- Dubai Scholarship if applicable.
Depending on a native country a student may be asked for certain other documents.