Study MBA in Cyprus
Cyprus has been considered quite often to study MBA as it has a high quality of instruction. It is only possible because of the fact that in Cyprus nearly 7% of the GDP is spent on education. And this makes Cyprus one of the top three spenders of education in the EU along with Sweden and Denmark.
Starting from the very basics, State Schools are generally seen as equivalent in quality of education to private-sector institutions. However, Cyprus universities do not rely upon the high school grades for any kind of admissions purposes, especially in case of MBA programs. Even though a high-school diploma is mandatory for university admissions but the admissions are solely and exclusively decided based on various scores from different entrance examinations from centrally administered universities that all university candidates are required to take.
Programs offered in Cyprus
Universities in Cyprus which offers MBA programs are committed to maintaining international standards for high-quality education. Besides providing excellent education and top-notch faculty, they also provide the students who are pursuing an MBA in Cyprus with an intellectually stimulating atmosphere, warm climate, multicultural environment. Not only that students can even enjoy great beaches and an active nightlife. These are the few reasons that students from all over the world have chosen to obtain their MBA in Cyprus.
Now speaking about the core program then MBA in Cyprus programs foster creativity through challenging students to think strategically and critically and promote innovation in business. The faculty of those universities facilitate the application of business theories to practice in practical fields through different coursework which focuses on topics like accounting, finance, marketing, management and information technology. Apart from all these benefits, MBA in Cyprus programs not only provide students with a solid business foundation but also promote professional development.
CIU provides twenty-four different courses in the Business Master Programme which are under the tuition of professional academics. in order to obtain participation and interaction, the main course’s essential theoretical knowledge is augmented by topics that consider the problems of business management in practice and by a few seminars. By taking the students preferable elective courses, they have an opportunity to work in the field. Here students not only increase their knowledge but also have the ability to convey this information in a proper, immersive and persuasive and they can do all these with presentation and project studies. the thesis or project study is an important part of the training generally aims to acquire basic research skills. Students can perform virtual transactions in real-time with the existence of state-of-the-art Finance Laboratory and other simulation laboratories.
As Cyprus offers higher education in a safe, multicultural environment and that too at a very reasonable cost that is why every year, many International students take admission in Institutes of Cyprus. This is to be remembered that eligibility criteria of all Colleges and Universities of Cyprus are not the same. There can be some Institutes which can have slightly different criteria. But the basic criteria are almost the same. The following requirements must be fulfilled if a student is applying for admission in any Cyprus Institute for MBA program
- A valid Passport
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopy of Passport
- A duly signed application form
- Fund proof
- Academic certificates
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Health insurance coverage
- International community
Fees Structure of the course
The tuition fees for professional or Full-Time MBA Program is €10250 where every two months the payments are done on a modular basis. The fees for each half course of 2 ECTS are €275 whereas the fees for each full course of 4 or 3.5 ECTS are €550. Generally, in a very typical environment, part-time students are enrolled in 2 full courses during the 2-month term and full-time students in 4 full courses.
Applying for a student visa
There can be two types of student visa. First, the student does not have to necessarily apply for a Student visa if one applies for a course which is less than three months, but those students can opt for issuing a Visitor’s Visa. But then, if the student is applying for a course which will take more than three months, they have to apply for a student visa. The required forms will be issued by the Cyprus government in one’s native country.
In order to obtain a preliminary approval on the behalf of Nationals of countries where an Embassy / High Commission / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus is available in residency should submit to the Admission Office of the chosen educational institution the documents mentioned below. Then the chosen ones are to be interviewed at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus, in their home country. The required documents are as follows: –
- A fully completed application form.
- Four (4) passport-size photographs.
- An application fee of 15-30 Cyprus Pounds (non-refundable)
- Evidence of proficiency in English (if possible).
- Attested (certified true) copies of the student’s academic qualifications.
- A photocopy of their passport. The passport should be valid for at least one year from the date of the student’s arrival.
The Admission Office will timely communicate details about the required documents to candidates and the interview dates in time for the interview.
The candidate must present the following documents during the visa interview at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus: –
- Original academic qualifications and their attested copies in English or English translation.
- They should provide the passports which are valid for at least one year from the date of their arrival to Cyprus.
- One must provide a very current financial guarantee which must be issued by the student sponsor’s bank and should state that for one academic year at an educational institution, the specific costs of the student’s studying and living in Cyprus (i.e. living expenses and tuition fees) will be met by the sponsor. The bank guarantee should be original and with that the name of the sponsor and that of the student should be stated on the guarantee in English (if not in English, then anytranslation of the bank guarantee must also be submitted) and it should be issued less than six months before the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The bank guarantee should include the telephone number, mailing address, email address of the bank and fax number of the bank.
- A recent certificate of good conduct, in English (if not in English, an official translation must also be presented) issued by the police of the country of origin or residence. The good conduct certificate should be issued less than six months prior to the beginning of the semester and should be original. The good conduct certificate should be current and the names and titles of the persons issuing and certifying the document should be clearly stated.
- As per the advice by the educational institution one must provide any other required documents, if necessary.
On the first working day after their arrival, students must report to the educational institution in order to register and proceed with the remaining formalities which are needed for the issue of a temporary residence permit.
From the day of arrival in Cyprus, International students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days. Not only that on the first working day after their arrival they are also obliged to proceed for medical examinations and within one week from the date of arrival they should submit the relevant medical certificates to the District Police Alien Branch.
The main aim of the Master of Business Administration Course at the Cyprus International University is to provide each individual with an opportunity to acquire essential knowledge and skills who are wanting to be successful in a globally competitive environment. The courses are designed in such a practical way that they give the knowledge which is much needed in the public and private sectors in a professional management career. A job of a professional manager should have the ability to determine, notice and evaluate the elements that affect the success of a Business. They also need to put into action the necessary practices. And all these facilities are provided in Cyprus University in MBA programs and it makes each student prepare to succeed in professional fields.