Study MBA in Austria
Located in Central Europe, Austria is one of the most popular destinations for foreigner students to study abroad. Austria has a pleasant atmosphere along with numerous colleges and universities offering various higher education and career-focused courses. Universities are here well developed to provide their students with a great experience. Besides all this, Austria is a beautiful, advanced and cultured country for which it is primarily a perfect location for international students who wish to explore the local culture in their off time.
Located in the heart of Europe, Austria is a member of the European Union. It gives shelter to more than 8.8 million people. This country has been consistently maintaining its place as one of the richest countries in the world according to the terms of GDP. In 1955 the Austrian government had been declared its perpetual neutrality in foreign political affairs. The country is surrounded by high mountains, which gives it a beautiful natural scenario. Here, an amazing progressive standard of living has been developed among its people.
Along with the long and impressive history, Austria has become one of the center of attractions for many tourists, and something remarkable for every person. The cities are modern and highly developed, with a best economically enriched and educated local community – appropriate location for all the international students seeking a metropolitan experience. The countryside is amazingly decorated with naturally enriched beauty and very much entertaining for adventurous people, with skiing and hiking being popular past-times.
Why Study In Austria?
Austria’s heartiest attachment with their foreigner students is reflected clearly through the fair tuition fees in every university and a visible growth in enrolling students since reforms. Along with the chance to study at highly ranked international education institutions, students here will also be able to learn some German language. It is the first language of 100 million people worldwide, and the avenue of joining this community would open up some great further study options and enormous employment opportunities.
Outstanding quality of higher education in Austria is enriched their long cultural history of Europe’s finest philosophers, scientists and writers have worked and lived here. Particularly Vienna has a long tradition of academic achievement as in this place the Vienna Circle emerged, one of the most significant movements in Philosophy since the Ancient Greeks, was born. Hopefully, in the year of 2019, at least 5 Austrian universities are going to appear in QS World University ranking top 500.
Why study Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Austria?
The capital of Austria is Vienna, the hub of some of the best universities and is the top destination for international students. Millions of foreigner students come here being attracted by the total of 34 high ranking universities and colleges nationwide, out of which 11 are private. All the degrees offered by the university range from arts to science and many other career-focused courses and each and every one of them possesses a rich historical background. That is why the average number of international students come every year to study in Austria grew a lot, near about 40%. Now have a glance over the benefits of studying here:
- Students have the opportunity to enjoy English-taught programmes in a Germanic environment, a completely new and exciting setting.
- Students will have an internationally-friendly atmosphere, where they will quickly be able to join the new community to put their knowledge into practice.
- They can discover a variety of fields of study, such as Business Informatics, Electronics and Business, etc.
- Students can have an air of freedom to organize a perfect study experience.
- As a bonus, students will be able to stay within both close to nature, as well as the modern urban environment.
MBA degree specializations in Austria:
Austrian universities and colleges offer a wide range of subdisciplines from which students can choose their preferred one. Some of these are:
- Business Administration
- Management, Organisation & Leadership
- Transport Management
- International Business
Now have a glance over the various MBA programmes offered by various Austrian universities –
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurship and Innovation:
It is a full-time course for the students, planning for a career in management to start for a new entrepreneurial pathway, or interested in pursuing a career in the innovation and strategic change management sectors. The course duration is 18 months and estimated Tuition Fee is €18,300.
- MBA – Master of Business Administration:
MBA degree programmes in Austrian university is aimed to provide graduates with the necessary skills and competencies to make themselves able for the management positions in the field of business administration, both in public and the private sectors. Students can choose full-time or part-time courses according to their needs and the approximate course fee is €14,300.
- MBA in International Management:
It is a fulltime course of 18 months in the sector of business and finance. The whole syllabus is divided into three semesters. The total estimated tuition fee is €18,300.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance:
This course is designed for the students to advance their career in financial management or pursue a career in the finance sector of a company. This is also a fulltime course of 18 months and the tuition fee is €18,300- (Complete program, €9,150- per year).
- MBA in Health Care Management:
This course is the ideal education program for graduate students who want to pursue a career in the health care field. In this programme students will be provided with state-of-the-art business know-how, social skills, legal proficiency and profound knowledge on how the national and international health care systems actually work. The course duration is 24 months and the Tuition fee is altogether €17,900.
If the students belong to an EU/EEA country and Switzerland, they won’t need a visa to study in Austria. Students must possess valid health insurance and must provide sufficient funds. Other than that, a valid travel document such as the passport is also an important document which should be provided. If the students are staying in Austria for more than three months, then they have to get a residence permit within 4 months of their arrival.
In case the students come from any other country, they have to get an entry or residence permit to enter Austria. The procedures and requirements differ depending on the time period of staying and the degree programme. For further information, visit OeAD – Nationals of Third Countries.
The admission requirements (criteria) for the MBA are enlisted below:
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification obtained from a recognized University.
- Applicants have to provide academic proof of their previous education institute.
- It is not compulsory to have achieved a degree in the domain of Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA), however, in their degree; students must have completed an academic piece of work with a final submission of project or dissertation that shows a degree of academic writing and research experience.
- After the completion of undergraduate degree a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- 5 years of professional experience will be preferred more.
- Applicants are requested to provide proof of their work experience from a company or organization where they have worked.
- English Language Requirements – IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL Equivalent.
- Proof of nationality and birth certificate and the mark sheet of Standard X, Standard XII.
MBA Scholarship Opportunities:
Undoubtedly, the MBA is an extremely expensive course. There are many meritorious students who are not financially strong enough to pursue this course. For this reason, students can have scholarships of two categories like:
- Internal scholarships offered by the business schools themselves.
- External scholarships provided by other organizations like the Fulbright Program or the Chevening awards.
MBA scholarships are awarded based on various factors like:
- Merit scholarships which are awarded to students who performed well, in their past academic settings, in the workforce, or entrance exams like GMAT.
- The Need-based MBA scholarships are generally given to students who come from a very financially unprivileged background and demonstrate that they will not be able to pay for the degree without additional help.
- Other MBA scholarships are awarded to students belonging from under-represented backgrounds.
Future prospects of this course:
This is a very prospectus course for the students who want to hold senior management positions or pursue higher studies in business, such as a DBA, or a PhD. After the completion of your course, you will have on-campus placements in the best-suited place for students according to their credits. Now go ahead and apply for this course if the circumstances are convenient for you. Good luck and study well!