Study MBA in Australia
Australia is famous among the most popular countries to offer MBA courses to international students. It counts its name amongst the top 5 institutions, according to the QS ranking, in abroad which provides the study of MBA for the international students. According to the report provided by the Australian High Commission in New Delhi, it stated that there has been an increase of 14.65% in the number of Indian students to study in Australia for MBA course in November 2017 than the previous year.
Today most of the students, not only from India but also from other countries, want to study MBA in Australia to uplift their future existence. This provides strength in the students as they are pursuing a degree from a leading international institution, which keeps them a one step ahead from others and also gives the motivation to boost up the careers as MBA professionals.
One of the most prior reasons to go for a study for an MBA course in Australia is that almost every university in Australia is internationally acknowledged and prefer to provide courses in English languages. Through providing exceptional internships from multinational and top companies, the students are encouraged and motivated with the knowledge of leadership supremacy and providing them with real-world training and experience.
MBA courses are considered most important and given more priority since it is a start-up to the process of success in their life. MBA provides the required skills and knowledge that one needs to achieve success in their career. By studying an MBA, one should be able to handle business management and to manage the business in critical situations.
This service is regulated by a government body known as AEI NOOSR (Australian Educational International-National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition) which is a procedure of about 3 months. This is necessary and the students are recommended to check up and match their qualification documents to the essential criteria mentioned by the universities in Australia in which they want to apply or take admission.
Cost of Living:
There are many requirements that one should fulfil for staying in Australia and studying an MBA course. This requires an expenditure other than the tuition fees.
- The university cost is estimated to be around AUD 1066 which includes student services and security reserve, registration and application fees, insurance, etc.
- Cost of living is estimated to be around AUD 1386 which includes rentals or on-campus lodging (s), transportation pass, basic amenities, entertainment, etc.
Cost for MBA Course:
The cost is a major factor while studying for a course in a reputed institution in Australia. It is advised to the students to check for the MBA course in such an institution which they can afford and should be reasonable. Recent reports have conveyed that there has been an increase of 5.6% in the course structure from 2017 to 2018.
The approximate course expenditure for studying MBA at a university in Australia for the first year is about AUD 58,587.
The MBA course duration is around 2 years in almost every universities in Australia. There are also some universities where the duration of the MBA course varies between 15 months to 2 years. In most recent years, a few of the universities have introduced a 1-year duration for the MBA course which has attracted many aspirants since they aim to complete the course at the early.
- Basic Requirements:
- The students must have finished their bachelor’s degree from any recognised institution.
- Must have good IELTS or TOEFL score for getting an American visa. An average score of 6.2 and above in IELTS and 92 and above in TOEFL is necessary for getting admission into the top universities. Others interested candidates must show their English Language certification for being eligible for admission.
- Those having a working experience of about 2-3 months will have prior benefits.
- A good GMAT or GRE score can bring up admission to high priority universities where the average score required in GMAT for being eligible is 600.
- Academic Requirements:
- Official Transcript of the documents, like complete subject details along with credits involved, other correspondence course or diploma course details, from the college or university that the student has joined after secondary school needs to be provided.
- Standard X, Standard XII and Bachelor’s Degree certificates along with mark sheets.
- Application Forms: The application forms can be accessed in the following ways-
- By mailing to the recognised university websites with the request for providing the application forms online.
- Downloading the application forms online from the corresponding university websites.
- The application forms can also be collected from Australian University representatives in India.
- Application Requirements: The requirements for applying to an MBA course at Australian University requires the following documents-
- Standard X and Standard XII certificates and mark sheets of the final exams, GMAT and IELTS scorecards.
- A work experience certificate is most important which contains all the necessary work details along with a recently uploaded CV.
- A statement of purpose must be submitted containing details like the student’s aims, fields of interest and extracurricular activities along with the reason to have chosen the particular stream and how will they support themselves with their necessities during their stay in Australia.
- A letter of recommendation from any person who knows or has taught the student along with mentioning the reason for why they will be successful in their chosen field, focusing their strengths and weaknesses.
Application forms for admission to the universities in Australia will be available at least 5 months before the course starting date. Some universities have semester facilities (intake in two months-February and September) whereas others provide facilities of the trimester (intake in three months-February, August and September).
Following mentioned are some of the scholarships that are granted by the Australian Government-
- Australian Award Scholarship:
- Provided to those with exceptional talent to serve the Young Talent.
- Should be 18 years of age and above and should have aimed for bringing development to their own country.
- Diversity is the most prior preference.
- Courses Covered: Must have covered UG, PG, PhD and other Vocational Training by joining universities.
- Expenses Covered: Overall tuition fees, establishment allowance, return air travel fair, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), contribution to living expenses (CLE).
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Award:
- When the program starts, the candidate must be 18 years of age or above.
- Must not start the program before 1 January or after 30 November for the year they seek to apply for the scholarship.
- There should be no grants to the student by the Australian Government in recent years.
- Courses Covered: Postgraduate based on course or degree and PhD courses.
- Expenses Covered: Overall tuition fee, travelling allowance of about AUD 3021 establishment allowance which accommodates an amount of AUD 4028 for PG courses provides a stipend of AUD 3021 up to 2 years and up to 4 years for PhD courses along with insurance related to health and travelling.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS):
- Must be qualified as an International Student.
- Should satisfy the requirements of Student Visa.
- Must be attached to some Research Programs suitable for getting this reward.
- Should not have any grants by the Australian government before 2 years of the course they have undertaken.
- Courses Covered: PG or Doctoral programs which are based on Research.
- Expenses Covered: Overall Tuition fees along with related health services.
There are also many scholarships awarded by the universities in Australia to the International students which comprise of-
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships offered by the University of Sydney.
- University of Sydney International Scholarships
- Macquarie Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships granted by Macquarie University.
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne.
- Adelaide Scholarships International delivered by University of Adelaide
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International students granted by La Trobe University.
- Monash International Merit Scholarships provided by Monash University.
There is a huge demand for MBA students across the globe. Due to their excellent talent and perfect skills, top ranking multinational companies wait eagerly to welcome these postgraduates offering them with a huge salary.
Some of the well-known industries which offer the MBA jobs are-
- Financial Services
- IT/Computer Services
- Consulting or Professional Services
- Manufacturing or Engineering
Skill Shortage List:
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) of Australia states that those candidates whose features match the requirements to be in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), released by DIBP, should be eligible to afford an Australian Visa. Those having age under 45 years and having a professional experience of 6-7 years are eligible to get the Australian Visa easily even though they might not have passed the required tests.
The students who have completed their graduation from the Australian universities are issued with this visa which ensures them to stay, work and study in Australia on a temporary basis after completion of their education. This visa has two types of categories-
- Graduate Work Stream: The qualification which the applicant possesses must relate to occupation content according to the Occupation Skilled List for being eligible to get this visa. This ensures a stay in Australia for a period of 18 months.
- Post-Study Work Stream: The applicant must possess a higher education qualification like that of MBA and must have studied for at least 16 months in Australia. Then only, you can get this visa which ensures your stay in Australia for a period of 2-4 years. So, if you pursue a one-year MBA course, then you will not get this visa.